What We Do?
We offer 3 kinds of Training services:
We contact conference training for various stakeholders to inform them of the needs and concerns regarding legal aid and safeguarding Human Rights amongst many.
We also do outreaches to conscientise various stakeholders of the issues at hand.
We also do in-class paralegal training and basic legal knowledge for various stakeholders.
PAN empowers people to understand, use and shape the law through:
- Direct legal services through our paralegal network.
- Supporting disability self-advocates.
- Training of justice and health officers to appropriately handle cases involving persons with disabilities and those who offend the law.
- Monitoring to ensure reviews for persons detained at “The President’s Pleasure”.
- Development of a guide to outlining for justice and health officers on how to handle cases involving these persons with psychosocial or intellectual disabilities appropriately.
- Training of media on disability rights and appropriate reporting.
- Development of informational materials to create public awareness and challenge stigma.
- Advocacy to have laws that support access to justice for all.