PAN empowers people to understand, use and shape the law through:
- Direct legal services through our paralegal network.
- Supporting disability self-advocates.
- Trainings of justice and health officers to appropriately handle cases involving persons with disabilities and those who offend the law.
- Monitoring to ensure reviews for persons detained at “The President’s Pleasure”.
- Development of a guide to outlining for justice and health officers on how to handle cases involving these persons with psychosocial or intellectual disabilities appropriately.
- Training of media on disability rights and appropriate reporting.
- Development of informational materials to create public awareness and challenge stigma.
- Advocacy to have laws that supports access to justice for all.